The September 4 2017 (part 2)
11:30 AM
Only now, a month after that particular incident I am able to sit down and retell the story, in a fully relaxed condition.
(writing this while enjoying evening breeze – angin sepoi-sepoi bahasa at home..so calming)
Ok let’s begin.
Few days before Raya Haji on 28th August (if I am not mistaken or was it 26th?), my sister and I went to Kuala Lumpur to settle some affairs there. She with her SPM certificate at her secondary school and me with the MMC registration thing. We stayed there about a week before we came back home on September 2nd (yeah we ended up raya at my brother’s in Klang because tickets (the cheap one) were sold out, you know, last minute ticket and raya season which collide with merdeka holiday so yeah, there we were, 4 people eating Nasi Ayam cooked by Along for raya)
We arrived home on September 3rd, me with one red eye (the mascara thing dushhh).
My right eye had been somewhat painful and sensitive to light for few days. I couldn’t stand the pain any longer so off I went to the clinic earlier on September 4th. Settling what needed to be settle first before starting off the day as planned.
The plan.
Main : Pick up my younger brother and sisters at Tok Bah’s. (usually Tok Bah will send them home, not me picking them up at tok Bah’s..but that day, they asked me to fetch them, so be the kind sister that I always am, I agreed)
But before going to Tok Bah’s house, my sister (Ila) wanted to do some groceries shopping for her upcoming college days, yeah, new semester. I thought she was going to buy loads of things so I drove her all the way passing Tok Bah’s house to GIANT but turned out she only bought few stuff there (yes, if I knew earlier, I wouldn’t have gone to GIANT..well we have ECONJAYA & PANTAI TIMUR in our town Pasir Puteh which are big enough for those two three things..no need to go that far for that shampoo, shower cream and toothpaste really huh) and altogether we could have avoided the incident right (or no – kun fayakun) ?
Exited the GIANT, we stopped at Shell to fill up the fuels for the week. I remember we were like, you know kinda buying times here. Slow and blurr. And off we were to Tok Bah’s. Then bammmmmm it happened! At the junction, right at the U-turn when I was trying to cross the road, we collided. Mum’s car and his motorbike.
To be honest, I knew I was at fault for crossing where I shouldn’t have, hence the guilt. But because that was where mum & dad crossed everytime they drove to Tok Bah’s , I did the same. The influence there you see, a beginner wouldn’t think much, they just follow like a toddler did.
At first, I didn’t realized we crashed until the car was somewhat spinning. The moment it spun around, I was like “Ila, Ila what happened???” then Ila said “kakak you hit someone with motorbike, orang tu melambung (thrown/bounced up into the air)” . We were panic!! (or was it just me? PANIC).
In my mind the moment we collided : Oh God, my work (pleaseeeeee no criminal record) & MUM’s car!! My goddddd. Now how?????? (Thank God we’re not injured),
I instantly ran off to Tok Bah’s house, called him, told him I involved in an accident nearby and then ran off again to the scene area. Ila on the other hand a little bit calmer, attended to that rider until I came back to the scene site and stayed.
Once I arrived beside him (the rider), all I could think was, pleaseeee lets hurry to the hospital (fingers bleeding, left upper limb couldn’t move). Ila and I followed him all along to the hospital (Hospital Jerteh). I accompanied him all the way, stayed by his side till his friends came (all out of responsibility and guilty feeling that thicken within me at that time).
When his friends arrived and he went for x-ray procedure, I excused myself, going to do what I need and was told to do, the police report.
At some point, I am beyond grateful for all those people involved.
From he himself, the rider, I am impressed honestly. I am impressed by his calm & collected character shown that day. I am thankful. Thank you Mr. ZY. Thank you.
The polices. They helped me like I was their daughter. Thank you.
Tok Bah. I felt protected.
Thank you wouldn’t be enough to thank these people. They will forever be in my prayer insyaallah.


0 comments